Check out my latest blog : Lumia 520 Owners

Thursday, December 2, 2010

My First Real Lucid Dream

I had a normal dream and I woke up.
I walked to the bathroom, washed my face looking myself at the mirror.
"I'd wasted whole days thinking of lucid-dreaming-and-stuff and my real life's at stake. Heck, my dream recall has developed a lot and I remember 2-3 dreams every day- making it all the more difficult to keep my mind off it. But thisis it. I'm going to focus entirely on my real life from now, good bye to lucid dreaming... I WON'T TRY TO LUCID DREAM-- EVER!"--I said to myself, and went back to sleep.

What I didn't know was that I was gonna have my first real, sustained lucid dream in a few minutes.

I was at back at my highschool, but all the students in the class seemed to be from my current institute. Well it didn't seem strange to me then. In fact I had this beautiful girl sitting beside me on my bench, how could I pay attention to anything else? I had a little chat with her, but she arose in the middle of it and walked to the class podium and began delivering some speech, probably part of some assignment. As she was about to complete it and return to me, I noticed something strange- I had no clothes on! I began to panic and search for my clothes.. thankfully they were at the bottom of my desk. But before I began to put them on, I thought- "Strange... things like this happen only in dreams." And then I realised that it was all just a dream.
How could I be sure? I wanted to do reality checks, but I was afraid if the dream would end too soon. So I improvised- I punched a friend who sat in the next row at his head, and his head oscillated to-and-fro. Had it been real life, the guy(pretty muscular himself) would have got up and busted me right away. He didn't... Yay!

I didn't know what to do, so I began walking accross the class to meet people... until things began to fade. Rubbing my hands came like reflex to me(although I had not tried it before), but the dream was prolonged to just a few seconds. Finally I decided to spin my dream body. Amidst all the spinning, I felt a sharp knife-like object thrust into my belly and it really hurt. But soon I landed at some other place. The 'landing' was how the hero would teleport in the movie Jumper-- me like it!

I was in my old bedroom. Back in another 'building', restricting me from doing things like flying. But with all the confidence in the world I prepared to leap skyward, and for a moment it seemed I could really do it... but I closed my eyes then, and woke up, stayed paralyzed for a few secs, and then the whole of me woke up.

I learnt a few things from this experience- if I close my eyes in a dream, chances are I would wake up. And the Placebo effect is legit. And if I'm naked when people are around, it's dream :-)

Best of all, I understood what it's like to be in a lucid dream- you could be free of those chains and do whatever you want with no consequence whatsoever. It's a highly exhilarating and wonderful experience. You got to try it.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck for your venture bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D this seems 2 b the most common kind of dream. Most ppl seem 2 hav it - the 1 wid cloth prob :)
    i used 2 hav lucid dreams frm childhood i guess, bcos i rmmbr dat once, wenvr i used 2 get sweets in dreams, i used 2 keep dem 4 eating latr...but wen d dream is ovr, i used 2 get disappointed thinking of the lost sweets...but aftrwards, i started 2 eat d sweets fast wenvr i got dem in a dream, though i continued d collecting habit in real life, bcos i cud sumhw realize which 1 ws dream, though i don think i figured it out frm reasoning, like u hav said here...
    latr, hwvr, i tried out many things in dem, which I wudn't dare 2 in real life ;)
    2day, in d aftrnoon, i slept just aftr reading ur article (though i ws feeling sleepy as well, d main aim ws 2 hav a lucid dream).nd i had 1 soon aftr... though i cud rmmbr it in detail just aftr getting up, i slept again soonaftr nd can't rmmbr quite clearly nw
    i ws lying face down on bed (i can rmmbr wat i ws doing b4 dat wen i woke up, but can't rmmbr nw :( ), nd i knew it ws a lucid dream.i closed my eyes suddenly (in my dream), den i feared dat wen i open dem again, my dream may end.Howvr, der ws no use of a lucid drem, in which u don open ur eyes-so i opened my eyes again, nd i ws still in d dream- i wanted 2 prolong d dream, nd i had read in ur link dat staring at d ground wud help dat, but wat i saw immediately ws sth lyk a washing brush-a round 1-or mayb it ws d kind of comb dat boys use, dunno... i stared hard at it, but it lost clarity-concentric circles bgan 2 appear wer its teeth wer..i knew instinctively dat d drem ws going 2 end, so i went ovr 2 d edge of d bed nd stared at d ground... can't rmmbr nything aftr dat.. :(
    i hav anothr doubt abt wat can b considered as dream- wethr wat v imagine aftr closing our eyes 2 sleep, but dunno wthr v slept or nt, can b considered as dream... i see watvr i did jus b4 sleeping, evn aftr closing my eyes, more so, if it ws doing sth on d comp, playing video games, or chess.. i feel lyk im still playing. i think i sumtyms do dis purposefully- making strategies 4 playing chess or thinking abt new possibilities in d comp game... but at sum point, it bcums a dream as well-bcos i 4gt dat im thinking nd nt playing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you'r more serious about LDing, you should develop your dream recall. It is possible you've had much more lucid dreams than you know, but you just cannot recall. You could maintain a 'dream journal' from which, after logging for a few weeks, you can discover your 'dream signs' that'l help you be aware you're in a dream- like your sweets-habit.
    And in my experience, what matters most in controlling one's dreams is confidence. If instead of hoping you were somewhere or you met someone, if you truly believe you can be anywhere or summon anyone, that's more likely to happen. And next time, try spinning, heard it's more effective.
    And yes- I've also experienced that state where you're not actually dreaming, but not awake either. We think about something and go deep into it and entirely loose consciousness. What happens after that could be a dream, I'm not sure. I think it's called 'hypnagogic imagery'. They're sort of hypnotic', they induce sleep.
    And, a valuable piece of advise: just take it as a little something you enjoy apart from your real, waking life. It's easy to get addicted/obsessed, beware of that.
    Or,... ignore the last part, happy lucid dreaming :-)

    ReplyDelete