Check out my latest blog : Lumia 520 Owners

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Custom-made Armature


Comic artists use armatures for drawing human figures with precision. A standard armature is somewhat costly and I couldn't afford one, so I decided to make one. Yes, it wasn't a very bright idea, considering all I had in hand was an old piece of thermocol and a rusty blade. I didn't even bother to see the proportions, and you can imagine how I ended up with what's on the pics on the left. It's minimal, not very functional and doesn't have an intricate framework. Even finding out it could stand upright without support was surprising to me. Nevertheless, I regard my effort to have been an exercise that, though nearly in vain, could boost a little creativity in me.

2 comments:

  1. Follow-up : In sculpting armature refers to the wire-frame around which the sculpture is built. I should've used 'stick figure model' above :)

    ReplyDelete